Mark Your Calendars: Library Releases October Workshop Schedule
October 8, 2012
The library will be offering the following workshops this month:
- Counting on the Census
- Wed, Oct 17, 6:30 ~ 7:30, LI 312
- In need of demographic statistics for your LA 401 or capstone paper? This workshop focuses on using the American FactFinder, Historical Census Browser, and NHGIS to add statistics to your next research assignment.
- Copyright in Motion ~ Mobile Technology
- Wed, Oct 24, 1:00 ~ 2:00, LI 218
- People are using tablets, mobile devices, social media and many other technologies to find, store and share content. This information is easily accessible and easily re-used. Understanding the copyright implications is critical.
- Stumped by Stats?
- Thurs, Oct 25, 7:00 ~ 8:00, LI 312
- Are you discouraged by data? Nagged by numbers? Learn to make effective use of SPSS, software that allows you to import/input and analyze it, create graphs and produce reports. Plan to attend if you’re majoring in one of the sciences or social sciences or if you just like numbers. Join us and get fit with figures!
- Cite it Right!
- Mon, Oct 29, 4:00 ~ 5:00, LI 312
- Are you having problems with citations? Bring your questions and assignments to the workshop. Together we will find the solutions and take the mystery out of citing sources. We will also learn about the citation management tool Zotero that can help you save, organize and cite sources.