Pop Quiz: 2010 Census and Apportionment
February 6, 2011
Test your knowledge of the 2010 Decennial Census and the corresponding reapportionment of the House of Representatives. Check back on Friday to determine how well you did.
- Which is the only state that saw a decline in population in the last 10 years?
- Will Kansas gain seats, lose seats, or maintain its current number of seats in the House of Representatives for the 113th congress?
- If the average population density in the U.S. is 87.4 people per square mile, what do you think the average population density is for Kansas?
- Which state saw the largest percentage increase in population?
- How many seats will be added in the House of Representatives for the 113th congress?